Our mission is to help students fulfill their spiritual, relational, and intellectual needs in a relevant, loving, and biblical way.
We accomplish this through seeking out authentic relationships with college students, exposing them to God’s truth about life and the universe, and teaching biblical moral values.
Through this we hope they learn to know Jesus Christ on a deep, personal level, understand God’s truth in the Bible, develop critical thinking about the world values and how to engage in a cordial, effective discussion about God, skepticism, and truth.
Projects in AFECT
1. Your Opinion: we initiate weekly surveys and give away free notebooks with ways to get involved with AFECT.
2. Live with Meaning: on March 8 every year, we give flowers to hundreds of girls at the university to promote the ministry and its events.
3. Bread and Word: we invite students to dinner at the mission house or in town to begin to build relationships and, at the end, at the end give them a book with a biblical perspective revenant to their season of life.
4. Water and Word: we give the students on campus bottles of water (or soda) that have an evangelistic message and contact information for AFECT.
5. Major Decisions: bimonthly we meet to have fellowship and discussions on the major topics of a movie, debate, or Bible study.
6. English Clubs: weekly clubs where students can learn and practice English for free.
7. Sport Events: once to several times a month we meet to do an activity to have fun, fellowship, and learn something interesting.
8. Book Launch: the opportunity to occasionally have a Christian writer come in and engage with the students in conversation and have a Q&A on their book (previously given to the students).
9. Public Speaking: occasionally invite a Christian speaker to come in who can talk about different relevant topics in the university and present a Christian perspective on major, relevant topics.
How can you be involved?
1. Pray for the college students in Craiova and our interactions with them, that we would impact their lives with God’s truth.
2. Consider coming as a short term mission trip to impact and encourage the missionaries and students on the ground.
3. Financially support the missionaries and projects (and materials needed, i.e. water bottles, books).
The person that is coordinating this project is Adrian Jorge: firstname.lastname@example.org.